Dural is a semi rural suburb in the north west of Sydney, located about 36kms north of the city centre. The suburb is home to superb and very large homes and a few famous faces! Garden nurseries, delightful shops and luxury cars are all to be found in this luxe neighbourhood.
Dural has also recently become a bit of a foodie destination with some seriously good cafes swinging open their doors. You could actually spend the whole day just cafe hopping (if your kids would let you)! In between pick up some fruit and veg or flowers from one of the many roadside stalls around the hood.
Many Thanks to Wikipedia (and my own local knowledge) for the Geography and History Lesson!
Little Munch Recommends
Dolcettini - if you are after an amazing dessert or sweet treat to take to a friends house then you MUST visit this patisserie! If you have time stop in for a coffee and pastry as the whole brood will be drooling over the delights on offer.
Things to do with Kids In & Around Dural
- Have a cheap & cheerful hit and giggle at Dural Mini Golf ($20 for a family of 4/18 holes) or take the bigger kids for a big hit at the driving range next door
- For a prettier putt putt golf experience head to Dural Putt Putt where there are two courses and loads of cute statues scattered throughout the garden
- Dural's playgrounds leave a bit to be desired - if your kidlets are desperate for a swing then Fallon Drive Reserve, Hickory Park or Moorfield Hills Reserve have them - click here for more details
- If you are desperate for a good playground head a bit further north west to Galston where you will find the brilliant Fagan Park
- Have a family picnic in the grounds of historic Roughley House whilst listening to live jazz at Jazz at the Pines
- If you need a fancy dress outfit for a birthday party or book week the Costume Corner is brilliant
- Lastly get up close and personal with some cuddly farm animals at the Golden Ridge Animal Farm